Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Guided Meditation? (Not in the traditional sense, of course...)

And I said unto mike...

Z:At times the sentiment prevails within me that I often, if not constantly overthink trifles and underthink relevant and self concerning matters. Is this normal?

M:God Bless America!

Z:On a less shallow level than that, of course...(I hoped...)On a personal, non materialistic level, closer to psychological egoism than anytthing...something which I want to learn to overcome to the best of my ability. The obvious answer which you just gave me is troubling, not because you gave it, of course, but because it iis in fact the obvious answer. [to my question]

M:I know. It sucks. But there's nothing to keep you from being the exception to the norm.

Z: Not a damn thing I can do about it? The only way to succeed is to play ball, I suppose.

M: I don't really understand what you're saying. my experiences hitchhiking disproved psychological egoism at least in enough people for me.

Z:What I mean is that social situations which affect the well being of my ego at certain times seem to take precedence over serious matters concerning my existence and the good that can come of it.

M: When that happens, look at your hands and see if someone's opinion of you is making you disintegrate. Ignore that advice if you're on psychedelics.

[end]



M

No comments:

Post a Comment