Saturday, May 22, 2010

As of today revisited

---

Obviously I dont have anything more than a rough idea of what I would enjoy doing for a living. Perhaps teaching, as a professor at a university? Or perhaps trying to make it as a musician, of any sort, really, perhaps a seat in a symphony. But how do I just decide arbitrarily what will be best for me? Take chances here? I'd rather not. Philosophical thought, to me, is a stable, logical and therefore trustworthy way of reasoning. Philosophical thought is a rather broad term, I know. What I really mean is certain methods of the aforementioned elements are garnished with the also aforementioned traits, respectively .This is why a major in Philosophy, to me, just makes more sense than anything else at the moment. I could find myself as a neurosurgeon in thirty years for all I know, on the other hand I could be dead. Until I have practiced these "stable, logical and therefore trustworthy" methods of thinking to a satisfactory degree, in accordance to myself as well as those in this field more knowledgeable than I, I see no hope in trying to dream up a future for myself.

If this strikes anyone on a discordant note, please, explain why, and tell me how you would reason this differently.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment