Thursday, May 6, 2010

I was driving along a road, staring out the back window, when suddenly...


I was flying, really high, not in the traditional wings spread, belly down, head first sort of way, but rather as if I were paragliding: with my ass first, my feet tucked in front of me, my arms were hanging on to an invisible bar...yet...I could control my direction. As I continued to fall, I begun to have doubts of how and where I would land. Everything is moving so quickly, my surroundings were a green brown and golden blur of what seemed to be some valley in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area, I saw a tree to the bottom right...and then...

My friend was flying right next to me, he started speaking in my ear, rapidly, urgently, yet all he was telling me is how his band broke up. There was such an air of importance and desperation in his tone, and the next thing I knew I had landed, facing backwards, sliding on my ass/back (ass soon as gravity pulls me down on to my back..) I slid, slid, slid for maybe 100 feet, not enduring any pain, just sliding, until I finally came to a halt. I rolled over to face a long line of spectators, some not paying any attention, others pointing and chuckling.

Thats about the time I woke up, and my head felt really heavy.

[end]

No comments:

Post a Comment