Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trust


And that is the question of the day. Who can I trust? To be right? To tell me the truth, the complete unbiased truth supporting no one's interests in particular. The cold, hard truth. Not the exaggerated, skeptical, conspiratical (if thats a word...) truth, but the real god damn thing! No one can. Perhaps the only reason I ask this is because I dont even feel that I can trust myself to decide who to listen to. I could always become a narrow minded individual and not listen to anyone, but I resent that in others. So I can easily rule that which I just said out of my options...but what does that leave me with? Faith. I have never really been one with the faith, to religion anyways. I have only been one with the faith that everything will work itself out in the end. But as I have matured, I have come to conclusions suggesting otherwise. That on so many different levels, we are fucked. As humans, as a planet, as a race, as a population, as a democracy! The only thing we havent failed at is continuing to fuck up. I feel somehow as if I am superior for realizing this, but am I? No...if anything, im just less fucked than everyone else...or, if there is nothing that can be done to change how fucked we are, im just MORE fucked, on a different level, because unlike others, I now must endure the mental torture of thinking about such matters. Some say torture is enlightenment...I will leave it at that.

Sincerely,
The Enlightened

[end]

[edit 1/19/10]
"Better to be a human unsatisfied than a pig satisfied."
-John Stuart Mill (utilitarian)

No comments:

Post a Comment