Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ego, again.


So let me get this straight, my ego is essentially the bane of my existance, my ego is what causes all of my suffering and pain. I realize that, but simultaneously, my ego is what drives me to do certain things. One might say that doing things to feed my ego is a false way to center myself, that I should be doing things for myself. But I have been raised to believe that it is bad to be selfish! I dont do things merely for myself! I do things for others, and it makes me feel good to do these things! I like doing people favors, that is why I am often too nice (in my opinion, anyways). Again, they might argue that my own self should be the motivation behind doing people favors, well they have me there, although I will argue right back that things dont always work that way, sometimes you owe people, etc. My thoughts are jumbling, like a paper jam in a printer, like a blood clot waiting to happen. Before such a thing happens I will safely work my way out of this hole/ loss of train of thought by saying that EGO IS A MECHANISM OF SURVIVAL! Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment