Friday, November 13, 2009

Peers


I.Peer pressure. Why is it that some find it irresistable to resist? I am not speaking from a personal standpoint at the moment but rather analyzing a series of events I witnessed this week. I will not go into the specifics, but I will say that what I have come to realize is what some might consider a no brainer. Nonetheless, I will proceed with my argument that the effectiveness of peer pressure is contingent on one's independance. If an individual has the confidence to survive on their own, and do not fear rejection, they can withstand even the hardest peer pressure. Someone who isn't confident and starved for friends will submit to peer pressure usually pretty easily. The other factor in this decision making process is point of view. Why is it that we often see perfectly confident individuals submitting to peer pressure? Often it is because they decide to share the outlook of their peers, they join the party willfully rather than having to be convinced. The problem is that many of them are stupid enough to believe any haphazard series of facts slopped together by their peers. Rarely is it the case that a person is genuinely smart and researches the facts, and TRULY decides for him/herself. Yes, I realize these words are merely circumlocutions but your mind really is just one big loop. Your thought process builds only off of past experience, that is what dreams are. For all you know, that wet dream you just had could be about your aunt, because the mind will mix and match traits that you subconciously admire in other individuals. Because dreams come largely from your subconcious, your mind is not selective in the sense of morality (distinguishing between family, and people you are attracted to). And if you think I'm saying I have wet dreams about my relatives you have the complete wrong idea, I am merely expressing one thought that leads to another.

II.Stolen from an africa land, chased out with a knife...

[end]

No comments:

Post a Comment